[RecrearParticipate was launched in the Dominican Republic in July of 2011.]
Community development is most effective when those instigating the projects are the ones who understand best the challenges that the idea attempts to address. Community projects represent an act of empowerment at the level of the individual carrying out the project, as well as for the community they are impacting. RecrearParticipate was created as a workshop that allows youth to explore how to transform their ideas into tangible community development projects.
The workshop seeks to empower individuals with knowledge on basic project design. Through exercises centered on defining the project objectives, strategies, programs and time lines, the groups’ work eventually culminates in a project proposal. Along the way participants are engaged in topics such as team building, effective communication and goal setting and how that relates to their ability to collaborate together on the proposed project.
The objectives of RecrearParticipate include:
- Understanding the basic principles of developing, managing, and implementing sustainable projects;
- Practicing English and public speaking skills;
- Learning how to effectively identify human resources capability;
- Becoming familiar with presentation software (Prezi and Power Point)
- Building leadership skills
Workshop Duration: Two weeks