Welcome to the blog of Recrear Participación!
This blog will keep you updated on our progress with the organizing and delivering the workshop this summer.
Recrear Participación is a two week simulation workshop launched by Recrear this summer with two pilot projects which will serve as a launch for what will become a sustainable signature project for Recrear globally.
The project will be delivered in:
- New Orleans, USA: June 28th to July 9th, 2011;
- Dominican Republic: July 12th to July 26th, 2011.
The workshop will impart 60 students from diverse academic backgrounds with the necessary tools for building a community based project. The simulation game will include project management training and teamwork. Recrear-Participación will provide an opportunity for students to:
- Understand the basic principles of developing, managing and implementing sustainable projects;
- Learn how to effectively work in teams;
- Familiarize themselves with presentation software (Power Point and Prezi);
- Build leadership skills;
- Have fun!
Moreover, students will be encouraged to:
- Engage more pro-actively with their community;
- Think critically about their community’s challenges and explore innovative ways to address them.